Thursday 4 November 2010

Things I Love Thursday

“And on the seventh day He created Things I Love Thursday. And he saw the post, and it was good.”


Staying positive (even when I don’t feel like it).
It’s been one of those weeks really. Everyone has them where all the little things just seem to go wrong. The straw that broke the camels back was when I received a letter confirming what I already suspected- that I didn’t get a job I applied for –but I did get some great feedback. I decided that rather than getting upset, that it must not have been right for me and that something else will come along. Que sera sera etc.


This week I also love my cousin having a safe labour despite baby being a few weeks early. On October 31st, the world welcomed a brand new member of my family. He’s gorgeous and the twins (his older brother & sister) love having a new baby at home.

Mumford and sons-


A friend sent me a link to this song, following an msn conversation we’d shared the previous night, quoting these lyrics at the end of her email:
And there will come a time, you see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there
with grace in your heart
and flowers in your hair.
– “After the Storm” by Mumford and Sons



Also: Candles, the First Squeeze of New Toothpaste, potato wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce, beginning to get organised for christmas (I’m making a list and checking it twice…), persimmons

What about you reader? What's making life sweeter for you?

1 comment:

  1. I love you!!
    Am so sorry to hear about the job :(
    but there are greater things still to come. I believe that. And hey if you ever just want to get away for a bit, I know a girl who makes a mean cup of tea and who's house has a spare room. Just sayin'... ;)
    Hugs. Congratulations on the new family member!
    I am just getting organised for christmas too...very exciting. I may even bust out the christmas choons this weekend (early? yes. and? ;)
    More hugs! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.