Thursday 26 December 2013

Things I Love Thursday

It’s been a busy month but I do love to come back with a Tilt list so here’s my final list of things I Love for 2013.


Definitely topping my list this time round is that I was able to spend Christmas with my parents. My mum has been back in hospital again but she was allowed out for a few hours for good behaviour Christmas. I have been joking to people all week that it’s like prison- “she’s got day-release luckily or we’d have had to spring her” but I am so grateful that she is being well cared for and I know she’s in the right place at the moment. I’m still super glad that she was allowed to come and spend the day with us though.

Also last weekend I attended a friend’s wedding blessing. He and his beautiful wife got married in China earlier this year so had a blessing at his home church so his UK friends and family could share in his joy. It was a beautiful ceremony. Both the bride and groom looked amazing and so happy too. It was also a lovely opportunity to catch up with friends. Life gets so busy and many of us live scattered across the country so it’s always time I cherish when we all get to be together.

Speaking of catching up with friends tomorrow I am meeting up with a dear friend who I haven’t seen for months for lunch. Then later I will be out celebrating another friend’s birthday. Timings have had to be planned with almost military precision to ensure I’m also able to visit my mum and fit in the grown up life responsibilities too but I am feeling excited and very grateful for opportunities to be able to catch up with K and be able to share in S’s celebrations too.

Stocking fillers:
Twinkly eyed old ladies who envelop me in a hug during the Peace at church, You are good enough, Christmas cards (and special envelopes marked “not for Christmas open me now”), Ann Voskamp’s The Greatest Gift, that feeling of being out in the cold and entering some place warm,

Right that’s the end of my list for now, although there are probably so many other things I could or should add. Thanks for reading, may you have a bright and shiny end to 2013 and I’d love to know what the icing on the Christmas cake of your life is this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.