Thursday 26 January 2012

Things I Love Thursday

It’s Thursday and it’s that time again. Yes as we're slumped in a despondent post-Christmas and for me post-holiday heap, Tilt list time arrives to lift the January blues and remind me of all the great things in life. The blogging equivalent of those pick-me-ups Jeeves used to give Bertie Wooster to dispel hangovers:


Top of my list this week is Gorgeous Girl & Little Man.
There were lots of things to love this weekend. My niece is practically potty trained [it’s been two weeks – good work C] and I was especially impressed with how good they both were and how well mannered they were during the birthday party and well the whole weekend really. They aren’t saints of course and they can sometimes, like most children, become the gruesome twosome but on the whole they are well behaved sweethearts. I am also incredibly proud of how they are dealing with daddy being away on deployment. It can be a hard thing for children to deal with at any age but when they are so wee (four and two) it’s difficult to understand why daddy has gone for a bit.

Speaking of which…this week I am also loving and very grateful too HMS Heroes.
A support network for the children of services families in Plymouth schools. They run a number of initiatives to help the children feel settled, happy and encourage them to be friends and support each other, especially in times of need.

Also high on my list this week are Bang Tidy cupcakes
Instead of a birthday cake my Sister-in-Law ordered some birthday cupcakes from a small local business. Each cake is handmade including all toppers. The cakes were delicious and if you ever find yourself in Devon with a cake emergency (it happens more than you think reader) then I’d highly recommend them.
N.b. I’m not affiliated with the business nor am I being paid/bribed to endorse them

Super cute Cats- visiting my brother & family was also an opportunity to meet the two newest additions to the family- Ben & Jerry. Ben is super snugly and adorable, he likes the quiet life whereas his brother Jerry is a bit of a pest really (lots of pouncing, biting fingers, play fighting) but I am smitten with the pair of them.

Also:
The official Roald Dahl stamps, the satisfying feeling of unpacking, playing hide and seek with the children, catching up with friends I haven't seen for a year, surprise packages made of pure win,

What about you reader? What’s brightening your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.