Thursday 9 August 2012

Things I Love Thursday

This week has been truly higgledy piggledly and full of false starts but today is Thursday so here’s a list of things I’m loving at the moment:


In a previous tilt list I mentioned a pregnant friend’s text updates well Baby Solomon was born on Friday 27th July and I am loving all the gorgeous pictures and anecdotes on my phone and facebook news feed.

Old school classmates in the Olympics We weren’t particularly friends at school but mutual friends alongside the joys of social networking and our local newspaper means that I’ve kept up with his progress over the years. He’s worked so hard and he and his teammate really deserved to qualify so here’s to Team PatienceBithell in the Sailing. The lads are already on for a silver and are hoping to catch the Australians up. A lack of wind meant that the medal race of the men's 470 class has been postponed until tomorrow but I’ve got everything crossed for them.

Hairy Bikers- I have to ‘fess up that I was already a fan of the Hairy Bikers but their new ‘Hairy Dieters’ show has come along at just the right time. Over the last few months I’ve fallen into the old comfort eating trap and whilst I know I’m not humongous, I am heavier than I should be and well, insert reader all the usual sanctimonious stuff about how important it is to look after yourself. Thus I weighed myself this morning and set a target. No food, drink, sleep, happiness, sense of identity, escape from ennui, or above all, chocolate, til I reach it. I’ll be tuning in tonight, and the rest of the series, then because with their down to earth, ad-libbed approach combined with the mix of recipes and life experiences make it the perfect balance of inspiration and encouragement- like a cheaper alternative to joining one of those weight loss groups and without the fear of the dreaded weekly weigh in.

Also high on my list this week are kind strangers who will take the time to help a person in need.

Happy Thursday reader what’s making your love list this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.