Wednesday 24 April 2013

A few weeks ago I made Cadbury Crème egg Brownies based on a recipe by my ace friend Marc, in turn inspired by a recipe from French pastry chef extraordinaire Eric Lanlard. I didn’t try them myself as I made them for a coffee morning during lent but they went down very well with everyone who tried them so I thought I’d share Marc’s recipe:

Source: photo my own

Ingredients
 185g Unsalted Butter
185g Dark Chocolate
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
3 Large Eggs
275g Golden Caster Sugar
6 Cadbury Creme Eggs
[I also added a couple of tsp of Vanilla essence]

Method
 1) Pre heat over to 160 degrees.
2) Melt the butter & dark chocolate together.
3) Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and add 275g of golden caster sugar. Whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy.
4) Gently fold the cooled chocolate mix over the egg & sugar mixture.
5) Add the flour and cocoa to the mix.
6) Pour the mixture into a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
7) Halve the Cadbury Crème Eggs.
8) After 15 minutes remove from the oven and gently press the crème egg halves into the mixture, spacing them evenly apart.
9) Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
10) Leave to cool before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.