Thursday 7 October 2010

Things I Love Thursday

It's Thursday and once again time to share those things that make daily life sparkle. Here's a few things I'm loving this week:

Autumn - I love those sunny crisp days although we don’t seem to get many in recent years. Yes autumn days when the grass is jewelled and the silk inside a chestnut tree= perfick as pa Larkin would say (Oh and Rach- ever since you mentioned them over on your blog I've been wishing we had pumpkin spice lattes too, they sound scrummy).






My mum – she’s utterly wonderful and makes my list not just this week but every week. Yes that’s all very schmaltzy well and good but why am I singling her out specially this week I hear you ask reader (oh okay I don’t hear you but I’m going to tell you anyway) - Saturday will be her birthday and it thus seems an appropriate time to celebrate and be thankful for her. In typical my mum fashion she has told us not to worry about ‘presents or fuss your presence is gift enough’ but papa & I have planned a few hopefully nice surprises over the weekend. Nb. She shares her birthday with John Lennon. He’d be 70 this year my mum slightly less but I sharn’t reveal how much less (don’t you know it’s rude to ask a lady’s age reader)






hearing that the letter I sent made someone’s week, obsolete units of measurement -A hobbit anyone or perhaps a batman…, managing to avoid being rained on, this:




what about you reader? What's making your week?

1 comment:

  1. I bought pumpkin spice coffee! We can make them ourselves! We have the technology! ;)
    Happy birthday to your Mum, I hope she has a fantastic day.
    And...I get to see you!! Next week!!! (Reminder in case I forgot to remind you. Um. We're going to see John next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.