Thursday 9 December 2010

Things I Love Thursday



Harry Potter
For reasons mostly too boring to blog about, but lets just say it was largely in the interests of peace-keeping, I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow’s Part 1 twice yesterday. The film itself was beautifully done, of course there were little niggles if you choose to be pedantic but it captured the essence of Rowling’s novel particularly the themes of isolation and desperation in an increasingly Orwellian culture with its echoes of Nazism. The book is in no danger of being eclipsed by the film but on the whole I thought it was a great adaptation.


Finding the perfect home made Christmas present ideas- I’m making a hamper of treats for some family friends. I came across this recipe for Nigella’s chilli jam which sounded ideal, particularly for the husband of the couple. I gave it a trial run tonight. It’s a pretty simple recipe although I would advise making it in a well ventilated kitchen otherwise your house might smell like a chip shop for the next few hours. I felt a bit like a witch with her potion, too much Harry Potter, as I stood over the ruby brew watching it boil and waiting for it to cool/set. I’m pleased with how it’s turned out I’m just waiting for the taste test.


Source
Jon Schmidt’s piano/cello arrangement of ‘Love Story Meets Viva La Vida’ A beautiful arrangement dedicated to his little 7-year-old daughter:



Also: Dancing around the kitchen to Pulp, Lunch with darling friends, love, respect and support to all the peaceful protesters demonstrating today/night, sending off home-made cards, this Mastercard advert

This tilt is brought to you by the colour red and the smell of vinegar which is making my eyes sting a teensy bit but what’s making your eyes twinkle this week reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.