Thursday 28 April 2011

Things I Love Thursday

For one reason and another, mostly self-indulgent twaddle, I took a brief hiatus from blogging and so missed last weeks Things I Love Thursday. This week here’s a bumper crop of old favourites I can’t live without and new things I can’t wait to live with:

Top of my list this week is the truth and beauty of the message of Easter- Grace (God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense). In the words of CS Lewis, a quote which a wise friend posted earlier this week-
"Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for;
to make them worth it."



Chocolate- I gave up sweet treats (including but not limited to chocolate, sweets, cake & biscuits) as part of my lent challenge. I have a particularly sweet tooth, more like a whole mouthful, so at times it certainly was a test of my discipline. Since Sunday I have been enjoying lots of tasty treats, been a bit naughty really, which is not entirely unrelated to the fact that my brother & his lovely little family are visiting this week. Back on the healthy eating band wagon next week.

Doctor Who- FANTASTIC. Don’t worry reader, in the words of River Song ‘no spoilers sweetie.’ The new series opened with a wonderfully brain-scrambling two-parter and I am eagerly awaiting the conclusion on Saturday.

Also high on my list this week a surprise package from one of my beautiful best friends, who lives too far away, tiffin for an ‘afternoon tea’ treat. I am very lucky dear reader to have such kind and thoughtful friends.

Noteworthy Niblets:
A publishers postbag,walks around the lake followed by delicious pub grub with the extended family, the tagline on Twitter of one of my favourite musical comedians and fellow Doctor Who fan ‘wibbly wobbly rhymey wimey’, legoland & the look of sheer wonder on little man’s face, sunshine earl grey and tiffin, Daily-mail-o-matic,accomplishing something before the microwave beeps

What’s making your love list dear reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.