Thursday 10 January 2013

Things I love Thursday

I’m writing this in a haze of sleep deprivation after realising rather belatedly that it’s Thursday today so, in the midst of my grogginess, I want to give thanks for:



The NHS –definitely deserves to be top of my list atm. I’ve mentioned previously that my mum’s had some health difficulties over the last couple of years. She had an operation on her spine just before Christmas and consequently has been in hospital all through the festivities and is still in hospital at the moment.  I am naturally so grateful for the care she has received but I’m also so grateful for the opportunity it’s given me to witness the little acts of kindness not just from nurses to patients but also between nurses and between patients. There are bad stories too of course, but 60 million people rely on it on a daily basis, so of course it won’t be perfect. I am so glad to belong to a country that believes in fair healthcare for all (well for the time being at least).





Also high on my list are my gorgeous new mittens- A Christmas present from my lovely friend Rach. 
The colours are stunning and they keep my hands toasty warm.  They also came along in perfect time as I somehow managed to lose my previous gloves sometime over Christmas week. Still I was given those gloves as a christmas present in 2005 so they don’t owe me anything and if these last me half as long I’ll be pleased.

Today is the anniversary of tea's arrival in England. (Thanks to for that wonderful fact, she heard it from Classic FM so it must be true. Nb reading back that sentence makes me think of that scene from Ferris Bueller’s Day off where the teacher is taking attendance.)

Noteworthy nibblets:
handwritten thank you cards with a super happy cover, the return of Cabin Pressure,  CITV’s Old Skool Weekend,

Well that’s the end of my list for now over to you reader, what’s putting a twinkle in your eye this week?
 


1 comment:

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.