Thursday 31 January 2013

Things I Love Thursday

It’s the last day of the first month of 2013. Time is marching on so here’s my contribution of things I love this week just in the nick of time:
Top of my list this week -Beautiful, beautiful friends, whose hearts are worth their weight in gold. Inside and out. I’m honored to call them my best friends, my chosen family, my soul mates. Last weekend I met up with 3 of my favourite people (though we were missing a certain particularly lovely sparkly goth). We didn’t do anything particularly special just caught up, drank oodles of tea and spent time in each others company. Sometimes it’s just nice to stop and let the world go by some. Plus I find spending time with my kindred spirits always gives me a boost.

Also taking a surprisingly high position in the list this week is the hide story button on facebook- my love hate relationship with fb continues apace. I have to say the hide story button though is doing wonders for my blood pressure.

This week I am also feeling very grateful for old photos. There’s something magical about photos I always think, capturing a memory, a moment, a feeling. Snaps that record the important times like birthdays, weddings, Christenings, through holiday piccies all the way to those end of the roll snaps you used up on a whim one sun dappled afternoon. Recently I’ve been sorting through some of my parents photos. I’ve found some real gems amidst the hordes including but not limited to- pictures of my uncles as child choristers (they both look adorable and true to their personalities- one looks super angelic and the other like he’s being forced to wear a surplice as the consequences of a bet), some teenage shots of the great, great- aunties who I only remember as old ladies and though I have seen similar shots before my aunt at my parents wedding looking like Mary Poppins complete with colour co-ordinated parasol.

My friend’s secret project and that for the moment is all I can say about that. Such a tease, sorry reader.

 I *think* that is it for this Things I Love Thursday. Over to you, what’s making you feel rich this week? I hope you have lots of great things to list. Have a lovely day and an amazing weekend reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.