Saturday 24 July 2010

Creativitea

My love of tea is no secret. While I'm typing this I am sitting here drinking my third cup of the day. This afternoon I followed a link from a previous link I’d clicked on, as happens I find so often reader, and found myself lost in a wonderland of creativitea.

The first idea I came across was a South African artist who created a kimono and a screen using 9000 used tea bags

source


To read a post by the artist's sister and see more pictures, click here

Then I came across this lighting tea Bag. Ok so you can’t drink it, it’s a light that imitates the form of a tea bag, but I still think it’s pretty cool:

Lighting Bag by Wonsik Chae from Takashi Yamada on Vimeo.



The light was designed by Wonsik Chae as part of his studies at Hongik University. It works through a catalyst of the chemical reaction between a cup filled with a chemical intermediate and a bag containing fluorescent molecules. In reality it’s a one use light that you can’t turn off until it naturally ‘winds down’, so I can’t see it catching on for average home use but it would be great for party decorations or even a special night in.

Last but certainly not least my favourite bit of creativitea discovered today…

source


Origami tea bags by the Russian designer Natalia Ponomareva. Each creative tea bag looks like a beautiful origami bird and when the tea bag touches the water the bird spreads its little wings. This is apparently just a concept design right now and not available for production. Fingers crossed it hits the markets soon.

1 comment:

  1. You are an undending source of amazing levels of awesomeness.
    FACT!!
    I love you xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.