Thursday 3 February 2011

Things I Love Thursday

From the first strike of midnight, today has been a no-good, very bad day for me. It would be easy, so, so, easy to sit and mope and whinge. However that never solved anything so instead it’s time to focus on the happy things I love this week:



This week I love catching up with friends. Last Saturday I met up with two of my oldest and dearest friends for pub lunch followed by a tour of my friend S’s brand new house. It is a gorgeous 2-bed semi detached and I’m sure she and her fiancĂ© will be very happy there.

I am also loving that a couple of my darling youth group have taken to sending me amusing/silly/cheesy (delete as applicable) messages after we threatened them last week that due to the Thursday group being oversubscribed non-attendance without prior explanation could lead to them losing their place. One of my favourite so far reads:
“Hi, not sure I’ll make it tonight. I have to go throw grenades at Bruno Mars girlfriend to see if he is all talk ;) j/k see you later gb x”

Also:

- Midsomer Murders- Goodbye Barnaby, it’s the end of an era

-The new advert for totaljobs.com reminds me of that facebook group ‘THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE FACES’

-'Oh, you've only got a little dad, have you?'

The Beatles, Morecambe and Wise, what’s not to love!

And so concludes my list of this week’s pleasures. What are the brightest and shiniest snippets of your week?

1 comment:

  1. Am so sorry you've had a crummy day :(
    Prepare for ninja hug attack when I see you (this evening! hollaaaaa!)
    Also cookies :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.