Thursday 3 March 2011

Things I Love Thursday

Well its Thursday again reader so here without too much ado is my things I love offering for this week:





Fairtrade- Monday 28th Feb marked the beginning of Fairtrade Fortnight here in the UK. The theme this year is ‘loud and proud- Show off your label’.







I spent most of Tuesday & Wednesday this week serving tea, coffee and homemade cake (made with entirely fairly traded ingredients) to the elderly, playing fun games/quizzes with school-children and giving out stickers to, well, everyone (turns out everybody loves stickers; especially when they’re free). I’m very proud to be a supporter of fairly traded goods.

I mentioned in last weeks Tilt how nice it was to hear a “thank you” from some of my youthlings. Well it happened again this week and I’m going to mention it again because I was so touched by their thoughtfulness. We ran a sleepover for the elder youth on Saturday night and on Sunday morning two of the girls gave me a card they’d made to say thank you complete with a heartfelt message inside.


Also:
* A new month means a new bit of wisdom from Gene Hunt (This is my 2011 calendar)

March Madness

* Organising and alphabetising – a place for everything and everything in its place,

* Spring Sunshine

Over to you, reader, what things have tickled your heartstrings this week?

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine! I agree, March is good month to be in

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.